Monday, July 21, 2008

Summary

I guess my favorite thing of all was animoto, turning my photos into a film. I really learned so much throughout the program. It's hard to choose just one thing when we learned so very much. I love it.

The outcomes were amazing. I love to learn. I've often said that if I could get paid for it, I'd be a full time student. One of the things I love about Mesquite is the concerted effort the district makes to help us learn new things.

I thought I was pretty technologically savvy. Wow, was I surprised. I guess it's just one more reminder that Mark Twain was right. "The more I learn, the more I know there is more to learn." So, where do I sign up for more classes like this? Let's go.

As for what I'll implement, I can't wait to get together with the other teachers on my team and put together a team blog that enables us to communicate with parents, help kids with class work and create a wonderful community of learners. I'm also thinking that we could have a running slideshow of students at work and their final products. (Of course, we'll be careful not to show any confidential information.)I'm also going to incorporate some vocabulary building products to help out our ELLs. What an amazing way to make things work for kids!

Thanks so much for providing us all with this experience. I can't wait to see the next one.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congrats! If you want to continue to explore and “play” with new Web 2.0 tools, check out this blog. You might try adding it to your Google or Bloglines reader.

Learning 2.1