Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #19

I was far more impressed with Ning than MySpace. I thought it was so much easier to use. Maybe that's because I went straight to the 23 things website, so it was easier to work with and easy to sign up and work though. Also, it helped that I was able to automatically fall into a group of people to communicate with.

I looked into some of the other social networks and I love GoodReads and OpenSource Food. I think that Classroom 2.0 Ning will be the most influential for me. Now if only I can find one on how to teach TX History. I think starting a NIng of my own for TX History is a little beyond me this year, maybe next year.

I'm still not convinced I want to get into a regular social network, but I like the idea of learning communities online like the Ning we have and the Classroom 2.0.

I was thinking this might be even more effective than a blog for parent and student communication for next year. I think I'll talk to my team about it.

No comments: