Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 23

I took the time to look up some podcasts. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, although, frankly, I've lost some interest now that the books are all out. Still, I like to keep up with the wizarding world. In that light, I chose to visit Mugglecast. http://www.mugglenet.com/mugglecast/

I listened to a few of their early episodes and several of the most recent, and found it intelligent and thought provoking ideas about the books. It was like a book club online. They get silly sometimes, but they are just college kids.

I checked several of the directories and listened to a few other podcasts. This was the one that I found that really tweaked my interests. Honestly, I just don't know when I would find the time to listen to podcasts on a regular basis. In fact, that's the main problem I have with most of the "things". When do I have time to keep up with it all? There's just so much time in the school day. During the summer, I have trouble keeping up. How in the world can I keep up in the school year? I can't see myself listening regularly. I like the fact that muggle cast has a directory of their previous episodes so you can easily look back. That way, you can go back and listen to everything later.

I personally don't see myself podcasting, but I won't rule it out. I'm too opinionated. Most people wouldn't want to listen to me get on my soapbox. Although, come to think of it, people like Chris Matthews and Mark Levin have thousands of listeners on the radio everyday. =)

No comments: