Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #15

Well, I enjoyed adding to the WIKI, but I can see disadvantages. I wasn't aware that Wikipedia was a wiki. Well, I guess since I didn't know what a wiki was, it makes sense. However, with so many students having access to it, it could easily be changed to be, well, less than factual.

Still, I can see lots of opportunities. As I mentioned in the sandbox, you could use a wiki to do a class project where everyone contributes their own portion. I think this could be a very efficient way to jigsaw big projects too.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wikipedia does have editors who watch out for people trying to post false info. You just have to be aware like anything else online or in print.

AMSHisteacher said...

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind. I think the blog idea and wikis would be a good idea for creating class projects.