Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #12

I looked at all of the tools and was fascinated by notebook and calendar. I think if we could figure out a way to make sure each entry in notebook was properly documented, it would be amazing. Imagine getting rid of all those foul notecards. As a student I was never able to keep up with them all and if I kept up with them couldn't remember where I got the information. This would enable us to keep up with all the information in one place and figure out where it was.

I love calendar. I was thinking I might make a calendar public to publish homework for my team this year. That might enable kids to be able to get online and find out what the work was. It could also help warn them about projects etc. I think it's a wonderful idea. Now, I wouldn't want my personal calendar public, but a homework calendar. That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if you could merge several public calendars? For example, if all five teachers on my team published one, could kids merge the info on to one calendar?

If I was principal, I'd insist on having the school calendar done here to keep things from conflicting. What a wonderful tool!

No comments: